![]()
I wanted to take the time to go back and show some finished pictures of projects that I have blogged about earlier where I drove off and left the project not quite finished. This was the shingle siding project. I returned one day
(in the heat of the summer of 2011) to help finish this siding project. It was one of those tasks where as we approached the peak, each cut had an angle to it. It seemed to come together rather well. There will be more siding, more painting, more sawing before we run out of work on this project. But the kids are taking their time
(patience is not my kind of thing) and little by little their house is coming together. If you want you can check out their blog site you can by going to
http://svebhouse.blogspot.com/
![]()
The other project that I helped get started and then drove away was the deck that was being built around the pool up at Kasson, MN. That project was finished by the 4th of July and with all the warm summer days that we have been having since, I am sure that the pool is getting a workout.
(Some where there has to be a stack of scrap cedar wood laying around waiting for me to add to my scrap pile...) Notice the ladder to get in and out of the pool.
![]()
These are the steps which are located on the back side of the deck giving access to the pool. I have not yet been to Kasson MN to take a dip off the new deck.
(I may have to wait till the Minnesota state government shutdown comes to an end and with that the bathrooms along the interstate will return to being open). Maybe someday I take the cat for a ride and a swim...
Both projects were completed by the kids themselves and I gotta say -- they do nice work.
They only learned from one of the best :-)
ReplyDelete