Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The House On A Hill.

   It has been some time since I have been down to help Shawn and Vanessa work on their house.    I think it is in the fifth year of construction, but it is starting to become a reality.    You can check it out if you want on their blog site "svebhouse.bogspot.com".   They have just updated their site with several nice pictures.   Pam and I went down there Saturday to give them a hand with a few things.   Also to deliver the oak rocker that I worked on a few weeks back.  (I wanted to see if there were any wood scraps that needed to be hauled away.   There were some, but it was raining pretty good and I thought we would just wait for a sunny day.  Plus I am trying to shrink my wood scrap pile - not add to it.   But there were some nice scraps there.)


   A couple of the things that we worked on was hanging a few doors and also the installation of a few overhead lights.    There were plans for carpet to be installed on the following Monday so we also brought the shop vac along and tidied up those rooms where carpet was to be laid.  

   The picture to the left is Bianca helping me put hinges back on one of the basement doors that was painted.   Notice that grandpa has the power driver and she has the regular screwdriver.

   (Notice that grandpa has safety glasses and my granddaughter does not.   When her mother sees this - she will be after me.)



      (The picture to the right shows Shawn playing with electricity).    He is getting ready to install one of the many many light fixtures that need to be hung.     This is one of those jobs where dad is a gopher.    Go for this and go for that.







      Vanessa even got into the task of hanging a few overhead lights.    Pam got the job of going around and installing covers over plug ins and light switches. (I could not help but be envious of all the plug ins that they will have available to use.)








    And then there is Evan.    He was hot.    Give a boy a chunk of Styrofoam and suddenly there is this imaginary world of - What can I make out of this ? - comes into play.   (Hmm.   I wonder if he picked up that talent from one of his grandparents. )

   We ended up driving home that night in the rain - Tired and complaining of the lack of our youth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment