Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Lost!

  I remember the first time we purchased a TV and it had a remote control.   Prior to that time you always had to jump up and turn that dial if you wanted to see what was on another channel.    We lived in the country and there were really only four TV stations to choose from.   So once you had a station picked out, you would watch that station - Ads and all.   What a nice invention that was to create this thing that you could hold in your hand and by pushing a button it would send some unseen signal to the TV and change the channel.
   Today, it seems like we have a remote for just about everything.     I have seen woodworking shops where the owner even has a remote to turn on his shop vacuum system.  (It looks like it would be kind of handy.   Maybe I should get the wife one for our anniversary.)     
    I miss the kids.    We have three sons spread out in age and when they were home, it was always handy to have someone to holler at when the remote was missing.  This week we lost a remote.   Not to the TV, but to another electronic object.   A picture frame that displays digital pictures.    We have looked and looked for that remote.  Without that remote, it is difficult change the settings.   It starting to look like we are not going to find it.    (I wonder if the grand kids saw it when they were here last...)
   I don't understand why they could not make a "Remote" app that one could download on your cell phone.   Then you could use your cell phone as a remote to change the TV station.   Or to crank up the volume on the stereo.  Or play a DVD.    You wouldn't have to have so many different controllers next to your recliner.

   Well, this week I purchased a new toy.   It is a jig used to screw joints together and is called the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig.   (This is where some of that Pioneer Research monies have went to.)   I could write a little about how it works and what it does, but it probably is just as easy for you to check out their web sit.    http://www.kregtool.com
    I'm working on a project now that I hope this jig will come in handy for me.   That is the plan for next week anyway.  
    I hope all you fathers out there have a happy father's day this coming weekend.  Aren't kids great?    (By the way, has anyone seen where my glasses went to?)

No comments:

Post a Comment