I happened to have some old pressed board on hand that had a few nail holes in it so I thought I would experiment with that.
I looked for some decals that I could use as a pattern, but I did not find any so I went to our printer and printed off a "2016" and used that as a guide. I will be the first to admit that my artistic talents are really lacking. I drew the numbers on the pressed board and came up with the cutouts pictured above. (A little disappointed in my number 6, but the rest seemed like they would work.)
I cut up a bunch of wooden dowels about 1 3/4 inches long. These were left over from a previous project.
I drilled holes through the pressed board. I used hot glue to solidify each dowel in each of the holes that I had just drilled. So far - so good. I also puttied all the little nail holes that were in these scrap pieces.
Once finished, the numbers would sit about an inch and one half off of the floor. At this phase of the process things were looking a little rough.
My only expense in this project was a can of black gloss spray paint. Once I had cleaned up the numbers I sprayed on a good coat of paint.
Instead of cupcakes, my granddaughter used these numbers to serve cookies. A different kind of cookie on each number. (I discovered that you can make anything look good if you just cover it up with cookies.)
| Congratulations to this high school graduate. Breeanna Goetz. 2016. She took this picture with her grandpa and then kindly escorted me away from the cookie section. Darn. |
No comments:
Post a Comment