And this is the time of year when not only the sander is running overtime, but the oven is also on overload. It is fixing all kinds of Christmas goodies. Several kinds of treats are being hidden away in the closet until the grandkids arrive and then those treats will come out of hiding for everyone to share. (We will once again be accused of loading up the grandkids with sugar.) Putting those treats next to my hats and jackets is not exactly hiding them. I like it when the wife uses tins to store the cookies and homemade candies it, because I don't think she doesn't notice them slowly disappearing. (January we will blog about new dietary practices.)
This is very unusual for me. I have my Christmas presents completed and there is still four more days till Christmas Day. For the next three or four blogs I plan to share what I have been working on. (And in some cases what I am still working on.) Shop life has been good lately. It is cold outside and I have settled down into the routine of enjoying the process of making stuff. (Mostly saw dust from the looks of the computer screen and table tops around the house.) I will find out once Christmas is over just how well this "stuff" work out as presents this year.
Maybe once Christmas is over we will have to make a Menards trip to change the routine a little. ( Hmm. I think my Titebond glue supply is getting a little low. The cat thinks her fresh litter supply is getting a little low!)
But for this week, It will be a time to celebrate the season with family and friends. Time to share the true Christmas story with others.
So, from the Staff of "Dag's" wood work shop, we would like to wish everyone out there and everywhere a very Merry Christmas.
Joy to the world, the Lord has come! Let earth receive her King!
Merry Christmas to you and your family, too.
ReplyDelete