Once in awhile I would find a jar of nails out in the grove by what was suppose to be a tree house. Or I would find a hammer along side of some ramp that was built for bicycles to race over. Still I think they each developed some building skills that today they use in their own shop areas or at their own house. At least they are not afraid to tear into a project of some sort and try to make an improvement. It was a good life lesson (I think) .
I got into the habit though, that when I would go to the shop looking for a tool and it was not hanging where it was suppose to be I would attack which ever child happen to be home at the time and demand "Where did you leave my tool". The problem is that the sons have a long time ago moved away yet sometimes I think they must drive the 100 miles or so during the night and use one of my tools. Because it is not hanging where it is suppose to be. What other reason could there possibly be when one of my tools is not where I think it should be? It is the pits when no one is around to blame for some tool walking off. (I can only accuse the wife so many times.)
This happened to me the other day. I could not find my old set of allen wrenches. When I did finally find them I put all my other little projects on hold and decided that I would build a little area on my peg board to place those wrenches in. That way I would always be able to source them when needed.
Now most likely it would have been prudent to just purchase some type of peg board hanger to make this work, but I am a mission this year to try and reduce some of the scrap wood in my storage area. (Yeah. This project really made a lot of extra space...)
So from now on when I am in the garage shop and I need an allen wrench I will know right where to look.
There still is a little space on the wall so maybe I will have to see what other tools that the sons have not returned... and make a few more of those homemade tools hangers.
![]() |
| Yes people have indicated that they want to see more pictures of you. But you need to know that that sitting position you are in is not very lady like. Good grief! |

No comments:
Post a Comment