Sunday, May 21, 2017

Keepsake Box - Final

  There has been a lot of news lately about Russia and the possibility that there may have been intervention of some sort in the 2016 US presidential election.     Of course the winning crowd thinks not and the losing crowd says it definitely happened.      And there is talk that the Russians could be hacking into some of our internet systems recovering valuable data.     For some of us in this older generation we wonder just what is going on in regards to this world wide web thing.



     I'm bringing this up because each week I like to check into the stats section of my blog.      That section provides information of how many page views a blog has received each day or each week, each month, etc.   I think it is interesting.   Probably because it's lights up the numbers part of my brain.   Also it gives me some sort of report card as to how many readers visit my blog each week.  (I always want to know if views drop when I include pictures  of the cat and so on.)    And not only that, but it will also tell you where in the world those page views are coming from.  

   I have to confess that I am totally caught off guard as to the different countries that read this blog.    For example, last week I had 47 views from Russia alone.    The week before I had 62 views from Russia.   Someone from Russia has been reading this blog since I started six years ago.     Who in Russia would stop and take the time to read this thing?.  (I have to force my wife to read it... Mostly for a punctuation check. )     
     Once I thought I would write part of one of my weekly blogs in the Russian language (for those buddies on the other side of the world) but when I looked up a translator program on the internet to do that sort of thing, I discovered I do not have enough keys on my keyboard to make it work.   So -- I give up.    Who knows.   The Russians could be using my blog to hack into my financial accounts.    Maybe they secretly influenced me on how I voted in last year's presidential election.   Or maybe they just like looking at pictures of the wife's cat that I post once in awhile.  (No...  I don't think it is that one.)     Maybe there is just nothing else to do in Siberia.  


 Anyway, welcome my Russian friends.

   Getting back to shop talk, I just want to say that so far this keepsake box has been one of the more difficult projects that I have done for awhile.   I think it is the small parts that you have to work with.
    It does has a few small (Dag wood) flaws, but if you don't examine it too close you shouldn't see them right away.
   I'm ready to move on to the simpler things in the shop.
   Talk to you next week.

Поговорить с вами на следующей неделе  


1 comment:

  1. That looks like something I could handle. It is now on my list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete