Monday, June 19, 2017

Picture Frame Shelf

   This is one of those projects where the recipient is unsure of what they want.    After several descriptive drawing and comments - I'm unsure of what they really want.    (I'm thinking that this is what could be called a thingamajig or something.) Definition of thingamajig   -:  something that is hard to classify or whose name is unknown or forgotten

   This project is for a wall in a church that currently holds about 20 pictures in frames.   (A church project also means that I could have up to 10 bosses and at least  49 critics.)  

    Currently the pictures are all mounted on the wall by the way of a hook.   They are a little uneven in height and in spacing.    The goal is to create some kind of shelf where one can slide the picture frame on to a small shelf.
   ( Words can't describe what I am explaining. People always seem to have difficulty understanding what I am describing.)



     So for this project I did go out and buy some 1/2 inch oak wood.   I also dug out some of my own soft maple wood.    The plan is to make four shelves.   Each shelf will be nine foot long.  Each shelf will have a little lip in front of it to support the picture frame.









   The shelf is actually 7/8's of an inch wide by 9 feet long.     We will mount the 7/8's inch shelf on a concrete block wall first and then we will attach the 1/2 inch oak facing to that little shelf.  (Clear as mud???)   I have stained each individual piece
   




    Since all this is going to be assembled at the church, I just wrapped painters tape around all the pieces to hold them together while I trimmed off the ends.    (My task is to provide the boards and it will be another person's task to mount them on the wall - I hope.)  








   I think I am ready on my end.    I was unsure if I should have even blog about this little project, but for lack of anything other than "cat" pictures you have to realize that this is it.  

    Once these frames are mounted and all the pictures are installed I will try to show you some pictures later on just how everything came together.  

    People will be cheering from their pews.    Calls will come in from all over around the world as clients will be putting in orders for more "Thingamajigs".    (Or when I turn in my bill for the oak boards - my 10 bosses and 49 fans could possibly be piling up more scrape wood pieces at the base of a stake...)  We will see.  

Have a great Father's Day.






No comments:

Post a Comment