| The base, sides, and back of the shoe box |
| This is the box with the front glued on. |
I don't think that "mean" stuff happens so much any more. If you have your front porch light on - it means you have treats to hand out. If you don't have your front porch light on - you are just letting the kids know that you bought some bags of candy and you have plenty of candy on hand, but you intend to watch TV and just eat the candy yourself rather than share.
| Currently, this guy is the oldest living human in the neighborhood. |
We don't live in the city limits, but there is a small community of houses around us. Actually there is a total of fifteen families in our area. There are a couple babies, a few small children, a few teens, and mostly working adults. And to top it off there is one retired old couple in the mix. (Take a guess at that one...) There are quite a few pet dogs in the area and of course there is one domesticated cat. Only one that I know of. (Take a guess as to where she lives...) There are a couple stray cats in the woods, but most people who want a "real companion" - get themselves a dog.
Getting back to Halloween night, we ended up with only nine trick or treaters. I did leave the light on for the allotted time, but only nine masked little demons rang the door bell.
To solve the extra candy bar inventory, I have implemented the rule to have no more than five bars a day.
| Finally - One shoe box done. |
I managed to finish building the shoe box project. Next week it will be all about stain and a finish of some sort. Pam thinks it does look pretty nice in its natural state but I better put some kind of protective coating on it. (A lot of shoes could be tossed in that box's direction.) I could tell some frustrating stories about pine wood. A story about how pine boards tend to warp a little just before you assemble your project. A story about how a knot or two falls out leaving a small hole in your project. And a story about how easily pine will split when you apply a little pressure in the wrong place. But I decided to tell you about my Halloween evening instead.
| I I'm sorry, but I'm sticking with my theory about cats. Cats can not be your companion. Reality is that you are the cat's companion. |
I
Looks great! I think one out of old barn boards would should be next.
ReplyDelete