Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summertime Escapes

Pam's Cat
     Sawdust is being made in the shop this week, but I had to write about a couple things that have occurred over the past few days.  
(Yep, those are the flowers I'll put on her grave someday.)
     The first story is about the cat.   Once spring hits she thinks that she can be a barn cat and play around outside most of the day.    Pam has her pretty well trained to where she seems to hang around our property.   Once in awhile she will venture off into the neighbors lawns just to see if there is a bird or two she can chase.   Once in a while she likes to lay down and stretch out in front of the neighbors kennel and drive their dog nuts.

   Of course when the kennel is opened and the dog is free, she runs wide open to get to the safety of our house.    The other night we were watching TV and suddenly Pam realized that we had not let her back in the house.   It was starting to get dark out and usually she is by the door waiting for her servant (me) to let her in.   Well she was no where to be found.    Pam was outside with the flash light calling and calling for the cat but she could not be found.  


Yeah, it will be some time before you get outside again.
   I suddenly realized that I would not have a critter to criticize in my future blog writings and immediately was burdened down with grief.   That moment passed quickly as I raced to the computer to look up any source I could find on the internet that would have dogs to give away.  (A real pet.  A real shop buddy.  A critter that could smile...)    I had scoped out a Jack Russell Terrier and a couple beagles.   Even a dachshund.   It was like being in a dream that suddenly turned into a nightmare as Pam came in carrying the cat!  



  The second thing that happened this past week was the demised of my old 2001 Dell computer.   It was running out of operating space and was slowing down.   I had added some stuff a few years back and that helped some, but once again it was old, tired, and its memory was maxed out.  (Hmm, sounds familiar.)   It was time to update.   So we took it for a little ride and exchanged it for another tower.  



   Still the same old screen and still the same old key board, but a refurbished tower.   It's another dell that is probably 5 or 6 years old.    My files and programs have been transferred over to this unit and you know what?   It works great.   It is faster, user friendly, and the price was right.    (Now if I had just saved all those dog web sites into my favorites.)
    Next week there will be a real wood project - I promise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment