| I am so happy that my master is finally going to install a ceiling fan. |
| The manual says connect part BB to part AC. AC has got to be in this box somewhere!!!! |
Well, it just so happened that Chad and his family came down for a visit last weekend and I know he was excited to help mount a ceiling fan. Someone had to go up in the attic and support the electrical box now that it was going to hold the weight of the fan. (It should be someone who weighs a little less than me.) Luckily Chad volunteered to do that. (In fact it kind of reminded me of the old days where I was the boss and the kids were the slaves. Sort of a fun time.)
| Carter is helping me out. I think I shut the power off. |
As always the manual seemed to define how to install a different kind of fan than the one that came in the box. As the morning progressed it seemed that there were a few learning curves that we went through to install a ceiling fan just right.
Bit by bit and piece by piece it all came together. Honestly, it was one of those "two person" jobs. One to hold the part in the air while the other made the connections.
| What the Wright Brothers would have given for this set up. |
When we were done, we turned the power on and two good things happened. The first was that we did not pop a breaker. The second was that the fan ran at all three speeds and the light came on when you wanted it too. Nice!
So far it is working good. We like it. We are probably the last of the baby boomers to have a ceiling fan, but we'll get some use out of it.
I wonder when the next kid is coming for a visit. I've been thinking that maybe we should shingle the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment