Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Planning for 2014

Repair an old bird house that has been in the
family for years. 
  I discovered that if I post what I plan to work on in the upcoming weeks it tends to keep me on track as to what I should be working on next.   I did this in a blog the first part of December and found that it kept me somewhat accountable as to what I should be working on for next week.   So tonight I am posting on this week's blog projects that I have on my list to work on over the next couple months.

I see a hall tree somewhere from these boards. 











  I should really be celebrating tonight.   As of today, my wife Pam has retired from the work force.   She hasn't been made aware of it yet, but I see her future retirement days as someone who'd like to run a sander.   (I alreay have a dust mask with her name on it.)  I feel  sure it is something she will enjoy.

An aquarium cover has been ordered.

          Really I should be celebrating the fact that I am starting my fourth year at writing this blog.   My actual start date was 1-19-2011.    (I wish I could say that over the past few years my blogging capabilities have improved, but still working at it. What you get is me and me is me.)  
        I checked my blog stats and to-date I have had 7350 hits.    (Of course 4,000 of them are my own.)



I need a little garage storage cabinet here. 













        It kind of surprises me when I see that 305 of those hits are out of Russia.   Just about every week I have two or three hits from Russia.   I always wonder about that.  I wonder if someone from there actually looks at this site or if a signal of some sort bounces around the world and just hits the Google blog web site every now and then.

I would like to build a platform with wheels under it so
I can move this saw around the basement shop. 

 

         As of tonight, I have written 129 very interesting blogs.   (And I can honestly say that Pam has read everyone of them.   I can say that because I always point out to her when I have just updated my blog site and she should read it.   She gets no rest until I see her reading it because you know - that is another hit in that statistics column.)




Portable Serving trays to carry my snack around.



  So my plan is to keep on gluing boards up.   Keep on working on that wood scrap pile (that seems to be getting bigger rather than smaller.)
And I will have new help (Pam) in the shop in 2014.   (If nothing else, someone to keep that cat out of my life.)

  




The neighbor gave me this book.  I want to make him some
thing out of it.   


            I love planning sessions.   It makes me feel like I have everything under control.
            Now, I just need to get busy working in the shop and forget about the 11% rebate program that Menard's currently has going.  (Maybe next week.)

I see a hall bench somewhere in these boards. 








          There you have it.   Those are my goals for the next eight or nine weeks.  (Maybe 10 or 11.)    I think I will be helping repair a cabin again at the bible camp in Okoboji sometime soon.   And I possibly could be doing a little part time work again this Spring to replenish my "fun" fund.  (The point is that when you are retired you always need to have something in the works to make you feel like you have something to do.)
      So, keep checking in, (especially if you are from Russia) and keep that stat counter busy.

         See you next week.
   





1 comment:

  1. Actually...you can get up to 22% off at Menards. Mom was telling me about this. People go and buy the gift cards, put whatever amount on it, get 11% off and then turn around and go back in the store and buy whatever they needed with the gift card, getting another 11% off. Sounds pretty slick to me.

    ReplyDelete