Friday, January 2, 2015

Is It 2015 Already?

   Once again procrastination was my friend.   Our family celebrated Christmas the weekend of the 27th and I have to say that by the 22nd I was starting to panic.    I was running out of time and I still did not have my three final chairs completed.  
   I often thought about hanging up a shingle and let the world know that I am open for business.  I could try to sell patio chairs to supplement my retirement income (Or even my internet shopping).   Now I realize that at the pace I move I probably would not be able to survive on the proceeds generated from sale of projects out of the DAG wood shop.  
   Because of my slowness, I had to recruit some outside (free) help in order to get everything done in time.  (You know, I think it was free.) Pam seemed to get pretty good at pushing a varnish brush around.    (I couldn't help but wonder how she would do at pushing a palm sander around.  I'm thinking pretty good.   We might have to come up with an idea on how I can make that work.)

   The cat seemed pretty good at testing the shear strength of the screws holding the seat in place.  (Yep.  if those seats can hold that fat feline, they should be able to hold just about anything.)





  So I (I meant we) got the chairs done in time for our family Christmas gathering.    This project did clean up a lot of the scrap cedar that I had laying around.   Now I have all these smaller pieces that should go to the fire pit. I can't help it.   I look at them and I can see a bunch of cedar bird houses and bird feeders coming together in the summer of 2015.   Maybe I'll put those small pieces back on the wood scrap pile for now.

   For those of you  that are wondering, the two chairs talked about in the previous blog writing that were placed on the silent auction brought $115.00 a piece.   I was quite happy with that.


Brian on the Left - Chad in the center - Shawn on the right
   Being the chairs are kind of big, I had to hide them in our bedroom until everyone arrived and it was gift opening time.   That did create a little problem for me for a few nights.   When I would have my usual 3 am potty break.  I would have to weave my way through the bedroom in the dark to get out.   I didn't want to turn the light on and wake the Mrs.   (Plus when the light comes on the cat thinks its a new day and time to play.  Ugh.)   It was the draw of the cards as to who got which chair cause even though they were made from the same pattern, each one had its own little flaw.     There were some subtle hints that another chair each would be alright.    It could be -- maybe Christmas of 2015.   (At the pace I move I better get started.)




No comments:

Post a Comment