That being said, this weekend my niece is getting married on Saturday so this will be one of those weekends where our house will go from housing two old dusty adults to housing all the kids, daughter-in-laws, and grand-kids.
That will be a total of 16 for Friday and Saturday. Then on Sunday more family will show up for dinner and we will have a total of 26 raiding our refrigerator. So this means that all projects scheduled this week are put on hold - Especially the sanding equipment. (Sad face, Sad face - but deep down inside a secret happy face.)
I have to admit that it is time for a general all-round-the-shop cleaning task to take place.
I'm thinking that with a little luck and no rain this weekend we could even have a large camp fire using the small scraps that have piled up in the waste container over the past few months. (Oh yeah. I suppose one should plan on attending the wedding and eating cake. Maybe no campfires.)
I always think that addressing the task of house keeping may be a little overrated. I mean how hard can it be? I still have two days before the company starts to show up and it should only take me a couple hours. That being the case, I will plan on starting about 1:00 pm on Friday afternoon.
I will say that I am jealous of those that have a designated shop building separate from their living space. But at this point in my life I will have to make due with the space that I have. (I wonder if the nursing home will let me make a little saw dust in my room when that day comes.)
For today maybe I better grab the broom, dust pan, and vac and get started. (Better start now so I have some energy by the weekend for that wedding dance.)
I found a little note laying around the shop that I forgot that I had on hand. I think notes like this are better than any plan or project one can dream up in their shop. This note was done over a year ago. You may not be able to make out the words, but this grandpa did not have any problems.
Thanks Blair.
This is probably one of my favorite blog posts yet ;-) What a great weekend!
ReplyDelete