It is the start of a new calendar year and this time of year I end up in the basement shop. It always seems a little boring down here. It always seems a little cold. I struggle to get motivated to start a new project. I never get to see day light.. It's kind of sad. (Plus, the refrigerator seems like it is a mile away.)
I'm making my list of projects that I want to get started on in the near future. I also realized that it is a new year and I should (once again) make a list of resolutions. A list of things that I would like to accomplish in the coming year. Making lists has worked so well for me in the past. (Yeah - Right!)
I had read once that if you put your goals in writing and post them for everyone to see, it sometimes helps you to stay focused on completing those targets. So tonight I am going to list five resolutions that I am making for 2013 and maybe publicizing them will help me stay on track. Here goes:
* I'm going to try to eat healthier and exercise more. This was listed as the top new year's resolution so I thought I would give it a whirl (again - year twenty). Besides I did have a doctor's appointment today and he said that he wanted me to lose 15 pounds by June 15th. (I found this new diet on the internet where you can lose a pound a day so I made a note in my day planner to start this diet on Memorial Day weekend. Resolution # 1 solved.)
* Every year I make stuff out of wood from my wood scrap pile and every year I end up with more wood in the scrap heap than what I started the year out with. I can't help it. I can't throw wood away. This year will be different. On December 31, 2013, I will have less wood on hand than I do right now.
* This is the year that I am going to stop buying those special deals on tools and supplies that show up on the internet. I'm also going to stop making those unnecessary trips to Menards. (That will occur right after this coming weekend. I have two "20% off of what ever you can fit in this bag" bags and I have to use them up).
* Every Wednesday evening I will update my blog with a new article. It is my goal to double my hits on my blog site in 2013. (That would mean that my goal this year is to have four readers each week.)
* This year I want to finish an online course called Trimble SketchUp. It would really be handy to use when I have to draw up my own plans. It's free. It's not that difficult. There are 28 sessions. (Its just that when I get to one session, I can't remember what was covered in the previous sessions.)
* This year I'm going to try to not be so crabby towards Pam's cat. I will pet her little head once in awhile. I will try to be nice and not pick on her or make abusive comments. I will not talk about how much more pleasant life would be if I only had a dog.... Wait.... Wait.... Oh my gosh!!! I guess I already have five resolutions. This one would make six. What was I thinking? Sorry cat, but maybe next year you will get on the list.
Here's hoping that everyone has a blessed new year.
No comments:
Post a Comment