Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Picture Frame Thing

    Back in June - actually June 19th - I blogged about making some picture frame shelves.   I was not sure what I should call them and so I referred to them as "thingamajigs" .    I have to admit that when I try to describe something that I am working on to someone else I seem to generate this perfect picture to me, but a fogy visual of what it must look like to other people.     (Nobody understands me... It can not be from the big words that I use.)     



    Well, this week I finished that project from June 19th.   So hopefully the pictures included here will help explain what my words cannot.   And maybe a quick peek back to the 6/19 blog may shed some light on this project to you as well.             There is this wall at our church where there is a picture of every pastor that has served there since the formation of the church.   There have been 18 pastors since it was formed in 1882.        



Up to now,  every time a new pastor was called,  someone from the church drilled a new hole in the concrete wall and hung their picture for the congregation to see.


    So the goal here was to come up with a shelf like picture holder to support all the old pictures and make it was easy to add any new pictures in the future.  

   


First all the old pictures came down.   Second, we attached one of the four frames that I had made to the wall.  

   Once we had the first shelf up we had to make sure we had the spacing correct to fit each of the pictures onto it in order to put up the next three shelves.  
 




The spacing was such that we could slide one picture all the way across the shelf.    Each picture was supported by an edge on the bottom and an edge on the top.









    We managed to return all the pictures back to there rightful order back on the wall.   And since we had the extra space we even included pictures that we had of any interns that served at the church.

   So, now they can hire at least five more pastors before I will have to build another shelf.  

I have to admit that I do get a little nervous doing a project like this in a public place like a church, but this particular one turn out okay.


    Next week we will be back into the shop working on more toys.   Or maybe we will just lay back and goof off.

  Have a good September.


4 comments: