Sunday, August 26, 2018

Bathroom Remodel # 3

The old mirror frame. 
What can I say?     This was to be the year that I planned to post more projects on this blog then any of my previous years.    And I was on a roll.   Last winter and all spring long saw dust was flying around the house (coating the wife's furniture with that special fine dust) as I faithfully worked on one project after another.   Week after week I was building blocks and little gift projects and all kinds of stuff.   Life was good.   Then along came summer and this silly little bathroom remodel job.    Summer means a little time for golfing.     Summer also means a little more time for gardening.   And there has been at least one little camping trip.   I admit.    I went off the wagon.   I found that there was life outside that wood shop that was getting full of old sand paper, worn out sanding blocks. and dried out varnish brushes.

   But by popular demand   (yes - I heard from at least three of you)   I am back.   Back to the keyboard.     I'm back creating nasty new saw dust bunnies.   Dust that is giving that old  "Pledge" can of lemon scent furniture polish a reason to be part of our clean up crew.     



How high can he go?
     

    On my last blog writing I left off with the fact that I was painting our bathroom a light gray.     Once we were done it appeared that we had painted our bathroom a light blue.   Why is that?   We checked with the paint tag that we had selected which looked like and said it was a light gray, but once on the wall it looked more like a light blue. 

   I  took down the existing mirror which had the barn board frame around it and cleaned up and sanded it.   Once done with that I painted the new sanded frame black and installed the mirror back on the wall above the vanity. 









   That turned out nice.

Four new lights where there once was three.




   From there I tore out the old vanity lights and installed a new light fixture.     Also because we had to build a new wall to house the shower the existing ceiling tile had to be reinstalled.    That project turned out to be a little  more complicated than I had hoped. 



      We installed a new LED light above the shower stall.   That was definitely needed and brightened the area up.   (It makes the hair on the top of my head shine a little more.)











   Phase three of the downstairs's bathroom project is done.       (You know the bathroom that used to be "MY" bathroom.)      The next phase - and I am not sure when that phase will happen - will be the floor covering.    Plus trim around what ever needs trim.    Of course we will need new towel racks.   Another place to store vanity stuff.    Do these remodel projects ever come to an end?   


No comments:

Post a Comment