Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Removing Wallpaper # 2

Ma and Pa Sparrow
  A few years back I had built this bird house out of sticks that I found laying around in the back yard.    I thought it looked kind of cool.   It was made for a pair of wrens to build a home and have a little family.     It was a little disappointing because for two years no birds inhabited my little log cabin.  
  This spring while I was cleaning the old nest out of the dozen or so bird houses I have around the yard, I contemplated on what one could do to draw a mother wren to this attractive little bird house.   I bored the hole just slightly bigger than what was there before in hopes that would make a difference.
   Today a young couple of sparrows took over.   They've been shoving sticks, grass, and a little bit of trash into that slightly larger hole that I bored into my nice little wren house.    I have never had sparrows take over any of my bird houses before.    I guess I will let them proceed.  I'm not to nuts about helping sparrows out, but they are part of God's little creatures that I share this world with so I'll just let it happen.   (Kind of like having a cat around I guess.) 

Before Wallpaper removal  - Jan 2015
   I had shared in an earlier blog about my adventure of removing wallpaper.   In case you did not read that one you have to know that this time I am not going to share the joys that I feel when it comes to pealing off wallpaper.    What I can share is that I shifted gears this time when doing our bedroom.  I assumed the management role and let Pam do more of the labor intense chores.   It seemed to go before this way. (Or she has this ability that makes me feel like I am in charge, but sometimes I wonder if that is the way it is.)

Where am I going to sleep tonight?
    

The dark blue wallpaper came off.   The walls underneath were an off white color (Something from 25 years ago).   Our furniture was piled in the middle of the room.    The walls were washed with some kind of wall cleaner.   The pictures removed and all the holes spackle shut.   Green painters tape was used to protect the trim.  Tarps and plastic were used to protect the carpet.   (What more can I say.   It was another fun time in the life of Dag's woodworking shop.)  



After wallpaper removal - April 2015. 


       I can honestly say that we no longer have any rooms that have wallpaper on them.   We're not counting the boarders that we have in some of our rooms.  
     I did discover that when it comes to touching up a couple rooms, a man tends to think a gallon of paint costing $33.00 dollars for one room and 1/2 a gallon of another kind of paint for the other room.   Not a lot of expense for a fix it job.    

   In a woman's mind there is also the new paint, (Plus) a new bedspread, new throw rugs,   new bath towels, new wall mountings, and new what ever you call those things.   Hmmm.

Next week - into the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment